BLOOD DONORS WANTED !
Are you attending this event?
Did you know that your pet can donate blood just like you?
Veterinary Specialty Hospital is looking for healthy dogs and cats to be members of our Blood Donor Programs.
Blood Donor Requirements
- Overall good health. 1-7 years of age
- Over 55lbs
- Receives monthly flea, tick, and heartworm prevention
- Overall good health, 1-7 years of age
- Indoor only
- Over 10 lbs
- Receives monthly flea prevention
**All pets must have an overall good temperament and be current on all vaccines.
Every 6-8 weeks (or as needed) your pet will be called upon to donate blood. Please bring your pet in within 1-2 days of the call, as we are generally in immediate need of blood. Your pet could save another's life!
Donors will be compensated at the time of each donation and will also receive:
- an initial examination with a critical care specialist and screening lab work
- examinations prior to each donation and yearly complimentary bloodwork.
Common Reasons for Transfusions
Trauma * Internal Hemorrhage * Hemolytic
Anemia * Coagulation Abnormalities